Monday, August 01, 2005

From Philly with Love

A few days ago, I called T-mobile. Wanted to change my billing address. FYI, the calling centre is run by a voice recognition system. So this female bot picked up my phone. Below is our conversation.

Bot: Hi! Welcome to T Mobile, how may I help you?
Me: Fuck you!
Bot: Sure! Let me get you an operator.
Me: Wow!

Time passes real fast over here. It's already 2 wks plus and I would be getting my first paid check in a week's time. Woohoo! Just yesterday we (all 10 of us) went for a day tour in New York and boy, it was definitely an eye opener for all of us. It was huge fun albeit tiring from all the walking. My room mates and myself plan to watch a Broadway (maybe Beauty & the Beast) and a stand up comedy the next time we visit NY. Can't wait...

Some of the highlights - Dim Sum @ NY Chinatown, quick glance of Statue of Liberty (the ferry queue was way too long), Wall Street Tour, Time Square Shopping, Ice cream at Cold Stone, Ground Zero (Sept 11 bombing ground) and New Jersey! All in one day.. so u can imagine how exhausting we were.

Nothing much happen really. We just miss a station and end up in Coney Island (10 miles from Ellis Island where Statue of Liberty stands), got lost again while heading back from New Jersey to Philly at 2am, speeding at 140 MILES per hour...

There's just so much going on right now here in Philly. It's not all exciting everyday. A lot of times it is just mundane and plain boring but we all make the best of it. And even crack some jokes out of the boring situation we r in. I think that is what makes life here fun. Just like today, we woke up like 1pm and wanted to throw some trash in the basement. Took an elevator down and guess what, we were presented with a whole assortment of furniture - low table, dining table, 2 leaning chairs, one kitchen dustbin with kitchen assessories. All FREE! Just last wk, we picked up a shelf and two brand new tables. I wonder what we will have next wk. We need sofa!!!

And then later at 5pm, we went down to the basement to pick up our laundry and we saw some more furniture!!! Our eyes lit up for a second! Then we saw two puzzled guys near the pick up point. Apparently, those were their furniture. We were like "Oh oh... did they just lost some chairs and tables???!!!" And we walked away innocently. We r planning to go down later to see if they left anything behind. I am eyeing on their nice carpets and CD closet! Keke... What a day!


The raging bull in Wall Street! (Check out my frens' pics: http://photos.yahoo.com/neerajkumar84/)


Here's my room! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home