Thursday, August 11, 2005

What's love?

I have been eating at this small Japanese diner for 3 weeks. Almost 4 out of 5 times during lunch. They don't really sell very fancy food. Just the usual bentos, sushi and udon. But I just keep coming back. The lady boss (a korean) never fails to greet her customers the moment they step in and out of the diner. On Fridays, she will wish them a great weekend. After the third time I visited the diner, she remembers my order. No salad dressing. One extra bowl of rice and one cup of water. Even when I had udon, she would still give me an extra bowl of rice (for free)

Just the other day, I brought Dawn to have lunch and the lady gave us a free pot of green tea. And she gave me and Kevin a discount. Ever since, I have been bringing colleagues there for food. Then it dawns upon me the essence of doing a business. Sometimes it is not just about the quality of your product. What really impacts your customers is the experience they have using your product. It's in the experience that determines if your customer is going to come back for more. It's true, when it comes to doing a business, it is all about the customers.

Does the same principle apply in relationships too?

What if loving someone is not about possession?
What if loving someone is not about engagement or marriage?
What if loving someone is not about "Me and You, Forever"?

What if all that matters is the experience of being in love with that special someone?

Then it doesn't matter if you possess him or her.
Engagement and marriage will merely be a formal procedure.
And forever becomes a non-issue.

I want that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home