Sunday, September 25, 2005

Thanks for being my sky!

I had a great run today with my house mate, Ziliang and it was during the walk back that I really got to know him better. You know how we always assume we know someone only to realise later that we were utterly wrong. It is the same kind of feeling I had. During the walk back, we talked about our aspirations. We spoke about the countries we visited. We asked about each other's family. It wasn't anything intellectual but it was a conversation that brought us to a deeper level of acknowledgement for each other. We are not that different afterall.

Somehow after that conversation, I don't feel so alone anymore. I don't feel like I am the only one fighting. Although we all experience moments of low, we can always take comfort in knowing that our friends are also fighting their battles alongside with us. And that gives me a lot of courage to go on fighting... Some things tell me that this run is only the beginning and there's more to come. I'm pretty sure.

And to my friends at ECI, thanks for being my anchors. Thanks for being my sky!


I got 108 cards - short of 4, from my friends. And TADA! It's a HUGE message from home =)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahh, where are the 4 postcards?
:(

10:19 PM  
Blogger Tripp said...

I am not sure leh..hopefully not lost in mail. but tks man!

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home