Wednesday, February 08, 2006

A night of realization: Let go...

With a stroke of luck (or possibly divine intervention), I successfully caught this recently released documentary film: What the Bleep: Down the Rabbit Hole. And boy was it liberating.

That night I could not sleep. Lying on my newly positioned bed (would need another entry to explain why), I could not wait to start my day. Change that. I could not wait to work and be used up. I could not wait to be with my friends. I could not wait to tell my parents how much I love them. I could not wait to do the things that my mind says impossible. I could not wait to experience whatever there is to be experienced. I can't help being alive. I can't help but to smile all day. I can't help but to appreciate the beauty (or the lackof) around me.

It is not just a momentary high that goes away after a while. Instead, it is an intrinsic high that stays with you because of a realization I got after the film. At that instance, I was freed from the duality of my choices (whether it is right or wrong). I was freed of the emotional bondages that I have grown so attached to. I feel so free. And with the freedom comes immense energy. I am even more committed right now to soak up the marrow of life. We always hear people saying it. Life's too short - we got to experience it fully. But seriously, how many of us really do that. In my opinion, it is all lip service.

That night I caught a glimpse of what it is like to experience life fully.

Two words: LET GO!

Coz only by letting go, can we have the eyes to see things that we may have missed, the ears to hear sounds that we may have forgotten, and the heart to experience the true beauty of this world that we thought was only a dream...

1 Comments:

Blogger Tripp said...

As a prelude to what I have realized, I read this book titled "The Knight and his rusty armour". And it speaks of the freedom in letting go as well. I learnt what it is like to let go of my fears. To let go of what I think I know about myself. To let go of what I think people see me as. And just be... That's freedom too.

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home